SRS are now recruiting!
Whatever your skills, you could join our friendly team of staff and volunteers.
Stop Press !
We urgently require
- Volunteer Arabic speakers to help newly arrived refugees settle into the UK way of life
- IT and social media volunteers
We always welcome volunteers to work and train as:
- Crèche helpers
- Administration support
- Job club support
- Website and social media support
Through volunteering with us you will:
- be able to access relevant training, including OISC Level One certification for Immigration Advisers
- learn about issues relating to refugee and asylum seekers
- work as part of a friendly, welcoming team
- meet new members of your local community
Volunteers are provided with induction, supervision and support. Travel expenses (up to an agreed limit) will be reimbursed.
Many of our volunteers are actually themselves refugees who are ‘giving something back’ to the organisation that helped them.
“When one of our clients gets into college, or gets a job, or pays taxes, or even becomes a volunteer and an active citizen in the community…who is not going to benefit from that?” Rebecca Shoob, SRS Volunteer
Please contact KERIANN on 01753 537142 or email Keriann@sloughrefugeesupport.org.uk
Fund Raising Walkers